Sunday, April 29, 2012

Harnessing Your Inner Hermione

My daughter loves the world of Harry Potter.  It is a very real world for her.  That said let me explain the nail design for her this week.  She is rather superstitious and wears a Harry Potter bracelet she made, a Harry Potter shirt and usually brings her wand with her (and she leaves that in her back pack) when she takes tests in the testing center at college.  This week is finals.  She asked if I would do her nails HP for finals, you know give her some extra help to harness that inner Hermione.
 So here is what we came up with.  I didn't know she wanted me to do her nails so we bought a couple of things at Wal-mart but her college is in a small town and the selection left something to be desired. Thank heavens I found that using fine tip sharpies is amazing for detail on nails.
So we have.  A crown for of course Weasley is our King
 Then a wand, with sparks, glasses and scar for Harry, the deathly hallows and a light bulb for Hermione, because she is the brightest witch of her year.
 So I uses some gold glitter nail polish for the crown, didn't have my brushes so did it with a toothpick, the light bulb had gold under then  drop of white and the rest of the detail was done with a black sharpie
 Of course she is holding her wand, made especially for her based on what Pottermore.com said her wand would be.  Thanks again to the magnificent wand maker :)

I was excited how well they turned out based on what we had available to use.  She was very excited with them.    Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Mostly pictures of Disneyland but other fun picts too of 2008 Spring